Presented by Big Blue Adventure
We want to reward those who consistently challenge themselves and perform well in timed running events. It’s simple! Run, and score points. Then win a championship, glory, admiration from your peers?…and some very cool prizes.
Running Championship 2017
How it works:
There is a Sprint and a Long Series. All participants’ are automatically entered in both Series. The Series are scored independently from one another.
Race in a minimum of four races. If you race in more than four races, your best four finishes will be scored. One Participation Point is awarded for every race you participate in. Participation Points can make a difference and move you up in the standings. For example if two participants are tied after their best four races, one person only races four races and the other races in six, the person racing in six will have two more points.
How points are awarded:
- 1 point per race for participating
- Top 5 overall finishers
- Top 5 overall male and female finishers
- Top 5 overall age group/gender
- 5 year age groups (14-19, 20-24, 25-29, etc.)
- Your age is based on your age as of 12/31 in the competitive year
- Participation = 1 point
- 1st = 5 points
- 2nd = 4 points
- 3rd = 3 points
- 4th = 2 points
- 5th = 1 points
Note: there is a point multiplier for longer events. For example in the Long Series Half Marathon distance races are double points and 50K distance races are triple points.
Let’s say you finish 3rd overall=3 points, you’re the 1st female=5 points, and you’re first in your age group (by gender)=5 points. 3+5+5+1 (participation point) for a total of 14 points.
At the end of the both the Sprint and Long Series awards will be given to the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place male & female finishers. Winning is based on the total amount of points one accumulates at the end of the race season from their top four races and participation points.
Long Series: Includes all races with distances 10K and above
- Truckee Running Festival 10K
- Truckee Running Festival, 1/2 Marathon (double points)
- Squaw Valley Half Marathon (double points)
- Run to Squaw 8 Miler
- Burton Creek Trail Run 12K
- Burton Creek Trail Run 1/2 Marathon (double points)
- Run to the Beach 10K
- XTERRA Trail Run 10K
- Marlette 50K (triple points)
- Marlette 10 mile (double points)
- Emerald Bay Trail Run 7.5 miles
- Truckee Marathon (triple points)
- Truckee Half Marathon (double points)
- Great Trail Race Elite Course (triple points)
- Truckee Running Festival 5K
- Burton Creek Trail Run 6K
- Run to Squaw 8 Miler (double points)
- Run to the Beach 5K
- XTERRA Trail Run 5K
- Emerald Bay Trail Run 7.5 miles (double points)
The Series Awards will be announced on this website and on our Social Media channels.